It's Never Too Late... Extended.

SemperFi

Take some motivation from this my sisters and brothers....

I qualified today for my 3rd degree black belt in American Kenpo. I am not one to brag but I can say I am very proud of this accomplishment. I have been studying Kenpo for 43 of my 49 years and received my black belt at 18. I have stuck with it day in and day out for the next 31 years and was reward for my efforts with something that very few people will ever accomplish. At one time my father was ranked #10 in the world in Okinawa Kenpo and he was the driving force behind my dedication and commitment.

I am living proof that if you believe in something strong enough and align your lifestyle to what you believe in you can achieve what very few people will ever accomplish.

Although I am a former Marine I loved the old Army slogan "Be All That You Can Be". The only limitations that we have are the ones we place on ourselves.

SEMPER FI

strong

SemperFi, You are some kind of traveled fella. It is a pleasure to have you here every day.  Oh yea, You're never a former Marine, You're ALWAYS a Marine... Good job on you accomplishments....

A

Armbreaker88

Love it my brother I deff no the feeling I am a black belt in shotokan karate and it's hard work and dedication but it's a great feeling just learning the anchiant arts 

SemperFi

I am impressed by shotokan as it has some of its history from Okinawa and is very dynamic in its motions. As black belt do you incorporate grappling and standing joint locks?

SEMPER FI

Dolf

Congrats SF! I had an Army buddy who studied kempo. That's some break your bones fuck you type shit there.

SemperFi

LOL... bronze maybe.... still striving for gold. It wasn't always so. I was once a very horrible angry and self destructive human being. Fortunately tragic events and a very caring women saved me from myself.  I will never hurt another human being.... unless they endanger my family or anyone else. Rules don't apply in those situations. ;)

Thanks to everyone for their kind words and use this old mans personal story to motivate you towards excellence.

Anything worth doing is worth overdoing!

SEMPER FI

A

Armbreaker88

Yes it's a great art and most ppl just want to learn how to fight and to hurt ppl witch is the wrong path and reason my reason for wanting to learn this art was self control knowing your body and when I'm doing katas or sparing it's very relaxing and calming to me and Yes I've incorporated joint locks but not so much grappiling 

SemperFi

And a beautiful fluid art it is.

Thanks for sharing AB. Maybe we will touch base in the future on this so we can become better together at what we love to do.

SEMPER FI

A

Armbreaker88

I would love that semper not to many ppl in the world would understand the feeling of this great art 

SemperFi

Can tell you enough how much all of your support means to me.

I am a better person because of my friends at MG.

SEMPER FI

I

icdeadlifters

Nice accomplishments brotha..... That's a very good Martial art to take. Very discipline.

A

Alwaysworking

Good shit I love bronze but striving for gold. Btw thanks for your service brother.