Progress Since August Pectoral Tendon Reattachment Surgery

fike

I don’t know if any of you remember me talking about it or not, but I had a pectoral tendon reattachment surgery back in August followed by another surgery two weeks later to clean out the staph infection I developed.
I’ve only been able to get back into physical therapy for the past month and a half. My injury and wound didn’t stop me from training though. I have totally beefed up my legs to sizes they have never been before and i kept my right side engaged with dumbbell presses to help keep the left side from atrophying so bad. I started back on dumbbell presses on my left side a couple months ago before starting therapy and I feel good and feel like I look good. I’m nowhere near where my strength was, but aesthetically I don’t look bad. Doctor said I will return to full sport in about 5 more months. I just wanted to share some pics of where I started to where I am now though. I’m a little bigger now these pics were a few weeks ago and meant for my wife, but I’m proud of my progress. Some pictures are graphic.

Attachments

• IMG_3724(1)-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3724(1)-compressed.jpeg
    301.1 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3343-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3343-compressed.jpeg
    318.9 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3625-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3625-compressed.jpeg
    300.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3972-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3972-compressed.jpeg
    309.5 KB · Views: 9
  • IMG_3850.jpeg
    IMG_3850.jpeg
    250 KB · Views: 11
  • IMG_3849.jpeg
    IMG_3849.jpeg
    314.9 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3852.jpeg
    IMG_3852.jpeg
    511.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3236-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3236-compressed.jpeg
    233 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_3269-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3269-compressed.jpeg
    172.2 KB · Views: 10
  • IMG_3528-compressed.jpeg
    IMG_3528-compressed.jpeg
    422.8 KB · Views: 9

suppsforlife

man... you're sharing some horror stories around. that's just so fucking sad and I'm so sorry. really hope you're doing better and as said in the previous post, the better side will come for you.
how did it happen? bench pressing?

fike

I’m totally sorry for being a bummer but life can be a bitch. As Nietzsche said though, “
Whoever fights monsters should see to it that in the process he does not become a monster. And if you gaze long enough into an abyss, the abyss will gaze back into you.
I have chosen a path that makes me a good monster that sees the abyss as an opportunity to take a plunge into something that is going to challenge me and bring up my family and I.

But, yes, sir. Did it bench pressing. Ego won out. I was cutting weight and attempting 3 rep maxes in all my lifts on different days. At 5’11” 181 pounds I pulled 560 on my deadlift for one pull. Still a PR for me at that weight. The next day. I decided bench which was stupid. I needed a rest day and I was dehydrated, but fuck it, right? Let me go do this shit. I went to the pain cave and did A light warm up. I loaded up 350 on my weakest lift, the bench press. I got the first rep and genuine thought I had one more in me. I lowered and got about 4 inches from my chest and I head it snap like a firecracker or something. I knew what happened. I slowly lowered it to the pins, went and sat in my recliner and iced, and thought about how pissed off my was going to be with me. (That’s not really true about the wife. She greats and supports me in everything.).

It hasn’t started started swelling yet but hurt so bad it was close to ER time. I made her take me the me the morning. Because my bicep was black and blue and you could feel the tendon rolled up in a big ass ball in my left pick. I was pissed with myself. Ego isn’t worth it. Make sure you’re taking care of sleep, nutrition, and hydration. If you don’t. It will put you down for 7-8 months. Without getting full strength back.

suppsforlife

great story for others to bear in mind.
but hell... 181 pounds and 560 deadlift? I mean... I haven't even heard of it. I've only heard about 350-400 lb range for a 180-pound bodyweight lift for one pull

fike

great story for others to bear in mind.
but hell... 181 pounds and 560 deadlift? I mean... I haven't even heard of it. I've only heard about 350-400 lb range for a 180-pound bodyweight lift for one pull
I'll take that as a compliment. I've never actually lifted competitively and I don't watch it on the tube, so I have no way of really gauging what my numbers really look like compared to others. I'm 36 and married so most of my friends that lift are all online. haha. I don't go to the gym and really bust it out because I don't want to look like a psychopath because that how I enjoying getting sometimes and there are no hardcore type gyms here. I have a nice home set up, though and it gives me everything I need. I'll go to strengthlevel.com to help me see where I'm at on my relative strength. That specific lift was what I consider my best pull ever. I pulled 575 once at 195 lbs, so that was my heaviest. I guess I should get a tripod and start setting it up to film my lifts more, because that was actually one of the proudest moments of my life. I guess when I am not competing against others and just trying to beat myself I'm not nervous that I may bot win. I know I can just come back next week and try again and probably get it. This is a humble brag real quick...I only lift 100 percent raw. No belts, straps, or anything like that.

Is it really that unheard of? I didn't even get to max my squat out before the pec tear. I don't think I could have gotten three squats out of it, but I know at least one of 475, because I did it the week before. Bench press is my weakest lift.

Side-note: I just started back on deadlifting for the first time last week since the surgery in August and I'm still holding steady in the upper 495-505 range. I definitely give that glory to the 75 mg of tren hex per week to help me hold on to some of what I had.

Gainz.

Damn bro that's rough... But glad you're bouncing back.
But if I'm not mistaken.. I could be just because the sheer amount of powerlifting federations out there.
But I believe the world deadlift record at 180lb body weight is 799lb.
So you should be extremely proud of that weight, especially for someone who doesn't compete at that level.

But this is just one more reason why I don't really chase numbers. There's a few numbers I'd like to hit for my height, weight and overall muscular build.
But definitely nothing close to those numbers... Respect brother!
I actually got hurt shortly after hitting my 300lb bench at 176lb body weight.
Just a few days later I broke my back. 3 herniated discs and a tear in my spinal cord.
That took me out of weight lifting for about 7 years.
Went from 176lb to 137lbs.
And unfortunately stayed there for way too long.
I was just pushing myself way too hard way too often and not giving myself time to recover.
Now I focus on aesthetics and volume with just a touch of strength training in there.
Going for a mild but respectful
275 bench
325 squat
400 deadlift.
Currently sitting at 6ft and floating between 193-195lb.
Could I try really hard and up each of those numbers by another 50,75... 100lbs?
Yeah... For sure.
But I'm fucking terrified of getting hurt again.
But I give you so much respect for not only pushing through the injury but continuing to lift and improve during it.

And it wasn't that you were bringing the group down brother.. just smacking us all in the face with a hard reality

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240127-191833.png
    Screenshot_20240127-191833.png
    199.6 KB · Views: 2

CeasarIM

Dude .. Thats some serious shit you went through . from the pictures i seen it looks like you recovered like a champ and you are moving forwards well. I tore my pec. ,lower portion completely back in 1999 . It can not be ever put back . I also let my ego do me in doing reps with 355 when I weighed about 200lbs . all fucked up on percs. My hats off to you . Looks like you come a longways back.

fike

Damn bro that's rough... But glad you're bouncing back.
But if I'm not mistaken.. I could be just because the sheer amount of powerlifting federations out there.
But I believe the world deadlift record at 180lb body weight is 799lb.
So you should be extremely proud of that weight, especially for someone who doesn't compete at that level.

But this is just one more reason why I don't really chase numbers. There's a few numbers I'd like to hit for my height, weight and overall muscular build.
But definitely nothing close to those numbers... Respect brother!
I actually got hurt shortly after hitting my 300lb bench at 176lb body weight.
Just a few days later I broke my back. 3 herniated discs and a tear in my spinal cord.
That took me out of weight lifting for about 7 years.
Went from 176lb to 137lbs.
And unfortunately stayed there for way too long.
I was just pushing myself way too hard way too often and not giving myself time to recover.
Now I focus on aesthetics and volume with just a touch of strength training in there.
Going for a mild but respectful
275 bench
325 squat
400 deadlift.
Currently sitting at 6ft and floating between 193-195lb.
Could I try really hard and up each of those numbers by another 50,75... 100lbs?
Yeah... For sure.
But I'm fucking terrified of getting hurt again.
But I give you so much respect for not only pushing through the injury but continuing to lift and improve during it.

And it wasn't that you were bringing the group down brother.. just smacking us all in the face with a hard reality

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and empathy, my brother. You had an extremely rough go with it.
I give you my respect for coming back and going a different path and coming out fucking pealed, bro. All I can see is what's in your profile pic, but I can probably get a fairly accurate portrayal of your remaining physique. I know I'm not going to be pushing anymore huge numbers on the bench press, obviously because I don't want to go through this again, but I'll almost certainly keep pushing the numbers in the squat and DL. Thanks to my belt squat machine, my legs have gotten extremely strong, which is something I was needing to focus on. This injury gave me the time to add some strength and size. It's scary to think about having to go through all this again on the shoulder, so I am also planning to take a lighter weight, higher rep range approach with everything from my presses to pull ups. I'm truly glad you're back at it though. your story and what your current approach to training is good inspiration for me.

fike

Dude .. Thats some serious shit you went through . from the pictures i seen it looks like you recovered like a champ and you are moving forwards well. I tore my pec. ,lower portion completely back in 1999 . It can not be ever put back . I also let my ego do me in doing reps with 355 when I weighed about 200lbs . all fucked up on percs. My hats off to you . Looks like you come a longways back.
Thanks, brother. I appreciate all the encouragement. My ego is definitely what fucked me here. I don't know what I was thinking. It was the hottest part of the year in south Mississippi, it was the hottest part of the day. I knew I was at least a little dehydrated, I already pulled my heaviest relative lift ever the day before and there is no way my central nervous system was ready to be doing this again. It was all ego and stupidity; a recipe for an injury. You know what it feels like...it sucks.

BulkinWes

Brother what a story but definitely needs to get told more often people in our “culture” tend to act like we are invincible and reality not even close so sharing this is definitely I reminder of hey know your limits and do your warm ups and take care of yourself. Every single person has hurt them selfs lifting so we know it’s a possibility but we still put that thought in our mind “oh not me” and we live off of it. But awesome comeback bro I know the road is long ahead of you still and I know this 100% has a toll on the mental health too when I hurt something and I gotta just take a week or two off it’s depressing definitely not happy during that time so half a year is terrible man I can only imagine how you felt so my hats off to you for this strong come back brother we are all proud of you for sure man and thanks again for the share cuz we all need to be reminded that we aren’t Superman. But got damn do I feel like it on Tren lmao.

Gainz.

Thanks so much for the words of encouragement and empathy, my brother. You had an extremely rough go with it.
I give you my respect for coming back and going a different path and coming out fucking pealed, bro. All I can see is what's in your profile pic, but I can probably get a fairly accurate portrayal of your remaining physique. I know I'm not going to be pushing anymore huge numbers on the bench press, obviously because I don't want to go through this again, but I'll almost certainly keep pushing the numbers in the squat and DL. Thanks to my belt squat machine, my legs have gotten extremely strong, which is something I was needing to focus on. This injury gave me the time to add some strength and size. It's scary to think about having to go through all this again on the shoulder, so I am also planning to take a lighter weight, higher rep range approach with everything from my presses to pull ups. I'm truly glad you're back at it though. your story and what your current approach to training is good inspiration for me.

Probably the best pictures of the best angles.
And yeah went from 137lb to 193lb in 3 years.
My fiancee is a huge reason why I started lifting again.
She saw a picture of me in my mid 20s and said "wow where's that Gainz been"
That shit really hurt my pride... Like... The most my pride has ever hurt. But she was right... There was no reason to keep living or looking like that.
(Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of me in my 20s, but basically exactly how I look in the year 2 picture)
So she gave me the motivation to start training again... Now I'm in better shape than I've ever been.

Now the problem is she thinks I'm getting too big 🤣😂. I crush her trying to cuddle, I'm too strong during sex, I shake the house when I walk... I'm constantly breaking shit and growing out of clothes.
She hates wrestling with me now... She's pretty strong and active. She trains with me and did kickboxing for years.
But when we met... She was 5'6 135lbs. I was 6' 137lb. So our wrestling matches were much closer. Now that I have 60lbs on her and I'm much... much stronger... She has to use maximum effort while I just get the enjoyment of messing with her.
So she's told me 215lb body weight is my max. She says she doesn't think she could survive me being any bigger 🤣😂😂😂. Because she's just so fucking good to me... I'll stop at 215 and just work on perfecting my aesthetics and making my proportions right.

I also just looked through my old notes when I started lifting. My right bicep was 11.75" now it's 16.25"
But I think the most impressive muscle growth I've seen is my thighs... When I started my right thigh was 17.5" it's 24.5" now.
My right valve is 16.5" now..
So my calves are almost as big as my thighs were... That's just fuckin nuts! And now I understand why I was going through jeans so fast.

I showed my girl your pictures... She asked if you were shot! I explained what happened and she said "we're selling your bench!!"
I just laughed and said no... He was putting up numbers I wouldn't even dream of, and that's why I focus on volume.
You're pictures scared the shit out of her... Just like the rest of us. But fear is a good thing... It keeps us smart and safe.

Attachments

• received_1755515381639947.jpeg
    received_1755515381639947.jpeg
    329.6 KB · Views: 6
  • received_395076566411019.jpeg
    received_395076566411019.jpeg
    226.8 KB · Views: 7

suppsforlife

Is it really that unheard of? I didn't even get to max my squat out before the pec tear. I don't think I could have gotten three squats out of it, but I know at least one of 475, because I did it the week before. Bench press is my weakest lift.
sorry. I confused deadlift with bench press.
still, 560 deadlift at 180 pounds is in the elite class... i mean... you definitely could've competed
You're pictures scared the shit out of her... Just like the rest of us. But fear is a good thing... It keeps us smart and safe.
exactly!

fike

Probably the best pictures of the best angles.
And yeah went from 137lb to 193lb in 3 years.
My fiancee is a huge reason why I started lifting again.
She saw a picture of me in my mid 20s and said "wow where's that Gainz been"
That shit really hurt my pride... Like... The most my pride has ever hurt. But she was right... There was no reason to keep living or looking like that.
(Unfortunately I can't find any pictures of me in my 20s, but basically exactly how I look in the year 2 picture)
So she gave me the motivation to start training again... Now I'm in better shape than I've ever been.

Now the problem is she thinks I'm getting too big 🤣😂. I crush her trying to cuddle, I'm too strong during sex, I shake the house when I walk... I'm constantly breaking shit and growing out of clothes.
She hates wrestling with me now... She's pretty strong and active. She trains with me and did kickboxing for years.
But when we met... She was 5'6 135lbs. I was 6' 137lb. So our wrestling matches were much closer. Now that I have 60lbs on her and I'm much... much stronger... She has to use maximum effort while I just get the enjoyment of messing with her.
So she's told me 215lb body weight is my max. She says she doesn't think she could survive me being any bigger 🤣😂😂😂. Because she's just so fucking good to me... I'll stop at 215 and just work on perfecting my aesthetics and making my proportions right.

I also just looked through my old notes when I started lifting. My right bicep was 11.75" now it's 16.25"
But I think the most impressive muscle growth I've seen is my thighs... When I started my right thigh was 17.5" it's 24.5" now.
My right valve is 16.5" now..
So my calves are almost as big as my thighs were... That's just fuckin nuts! And now I understand why I was going through jeans so fast.

I showed my girl your pictures... She asked if you were shot! I explained what happened and she said "we're selling your bench!!"
I just laughed and said no... He was putting up numbers I wouldn't even dream of, and that's why I focus on volume.
No need for those pics from 2 years ago, but you’ll run across them some time, brother. The nastyass photos are just to show what they could experience when different factors come into play and tell everybody it takes upwards of 9 months to a year to make a full recovery. POSSIBLY A FULL YEAR. Leave the ego just go ahead and do amthe shadow work and integrate that shit so you can become better all the way around.

I feel like 215 is a good number that I want to shoot for. As well. It’s healthy and it looks good while still being to put up big numbers. Big numbers guys aren’t truly that huge, like Olympic scale lifters. Some may be flat and you would think “no way” when he stops up the bar, and he smashes it. It took him years and years of additional weight, butt doesn’t look difference.

I’m sure yall read from one of my other posts we have had a really time year an and a half or so. She has suffered the most. Prespression has kick in. She asked me yesterday to inject her with ozempiv and she was ready to start again. This make me so happy. Shes trying man, that’s all I can ask at this point. She burnt out. Hormones, court, hormones dr visuals for both of us and just all kinds of shit. She’s ready to get back with it tho. Make me very happy because I felt like i have been doing her. Im crying like a bitch talking about it right now. She couldn’t help it though, but I could have done more maybe. She said I did perfect, but I don’t know.

You look great, Brother, I wanna look like you for real. I get to aesthetics one day. Just not quite yeah.

If it looks like a 4 years old types this, it’s because I haven’t put contacts in this sucks.

Gainz.

You look great, Brother, I wanna look like you for real. I get to aesthetics one day. Just not quite yeah.

It's still so weird to hear shit like this... While a huge compliment... My body dismorphia tells me "why would someone want to look like a skinny bitch"
I forget a lot that I'm not that little 137lb guy anymore.

Now as far as your wife and baby situation... Just take it slow and focus on making her happy. I can tell you have a pretty good idea of what to do ... Most couples fall apart after shit like that. They play the blame game and slowly build resentment. The fact that you guys leaned into one another for comfort... That's everything! It tells me you guys will be fine

suppsforlife

Now as far as your wife and baby situation... Just take it slow and focus on making her happy. I can tell you have a pretty good idea of what to do ... Most couples fall apart after shit like that. They play the blame game and slowly build resentment. The fact that you guys leaned into one another for comfort... That's everything! It tells me you guys will be fine
that's why I love this community so much :love:

Gainz.

You ain't kidding brother!
I'm constantly getting invited to other forums and... The shit I see there. The things people say to one another... I'm so happy this place isn't like others.
We genuinely care about our fellow members. It's an incredibly rare thing to see on the Internet today. Just happy to be a small part of it

fike

It's still so weird to hear shit like this... While a huge compliment... My body dismorphia tells me "why would someone want to look like a skinny bitch"
I forget a lot that I'm not that little 137lb guy anymore.

Has anyone ever told you that you’re a very encouraging guy? I know it’s easy to say things when we are emotional, but we both made the decision that divorce is completely out of the question unless the situations of abuse or adultery come up. Abuse is almost non-negotiable and adultery is something that will have to be worked on with fervency before that decision is made.

I get the body dysmorphia thing as well. It still makes me feel weird to get compliments because I was so skinny fat for a long time that I never got compliments about my body and I have struggled with so many health problems that I never thought I would be happy with where I was at. Body dysmorphia is a liar though and it wouldn’t surprise me if the vast majority of us have at least some degree of it. My wife sees a completely different person than I do. She always tells me when she notices the changes here and there, but I’ll be like, “what are you talking about? I look the same as three months ago.” Obviously I don’t, but that thought of not being good enough definitely pops in my head. I need to be psychoanalyzed. Lol

fike

We are guys, so it’s in our nature to bust each others balls and fuck around with each other, but it can definitely be taken to extremes. The anonymity the internet provides really opens up Pandora’s box for a lot of bad stuff to go on. I can almost guarantee you 60-70% of people on Meso or UG have shit physiques, but they have the loudest mouth when it comes to spewing hateful garbage. I’ll add there’s nothing wrong with having a shit physique if you are on a forum looking for ways to improve it and make yourself a better person, but instead of doing that, they’ll crap all over someone else to make themselves feel better. That’s an inferiority complex, if I’m not mistaken, right?

Gainz.

Has anyone ever told you that you’re a very encouraging guy?
Haha... Yeah. And I definitely try to be.
dultery is something that will have to be worked on with fervency before that decision is made.
You might be a better person than me... Because I don't think I could move past that.
My girl has been abused in one shape or another her entire life. Dad was an abusive alcoholic crackhead. Would beat her because the sky was blue. Then she ended up marrying what she thought was a father figure... But ended up being less than a man. Made her work full time while he sat home. He slowly destroyed his own ego by depending on her so much. Constantly accusing her of cheating and becoming more and more toxic... First verbally abusive than physically abusive.
So by the time I met her... Let's just say her trust in men was almost non existent. She dated exclusively women before I met her.
(I know... Awesome... 😁... That's why I was talking about being so lucky before... She still likes girls)
But she definitely doesn't have to worry about abuse from me. I don't even yell at women... Much less hit them.
It took her almost 3 years of being together for her to realize that I'm not going to yell at her or put her down like she was so accustomed to. In fact it breaks my heart every time she talks about her past. She's seen her dad twice since she was 17, she's 38. So he's very much not in her life. We've been together 5.5 years and I've never met him... And honestly I really hope I never do. I'm actually terrified of what I might do... I know everything that happened was a lifetime ago. But... The things she's told me. The amount of abuse... Broken bones, stitches... That piece of shit still hurt someone I love... So... I hope I never meet him

Gainz.

We are guys, so it’s in our nature to bust each others balls and fuck around with each other, but it can definitely be taken to extremes. The anonymity the internet provides really opens up Pandora’s box for a lot of bad stuff to go on. I can almost guarantee you 60-70% of people on Meso or UG have shit physiques, but they have the loudest mouth when it comes to spewing hateful garbage. I’ll add there’s nothing wrong with having a shit physique if you are on a forum looking for ways to improve it and make yourself a better person, but instead of doing that, they’ll crap all over someone else to make themselves feel better. That’s an inferiority complex, if I’m not mistaken, right?

Oh yeah there's plenty of ball busting here. But there's a huge difference between having a good time and saying something that's funny... And just being a prick and putting people down for no good reason.
I just don't understand why people are so fuckin cruel. Like how unhappy are you that you feel the need to put strangers down on the Internet?
But you my friend are absolutely right! And someone and I were just talking about the anonymity thing. When my girl and I go out we get a lot of attention. She has quite the body on her... 🍑👀... And I dress... Like a douchebag 😂🤣. Pink shoes and pink watches, extremely cut shirts to show off my physique, Lots of silver.. I get it. We draw attention to ourselves, plus we usually match when we go out. But people are always trying to talk to me, hold doors open for us, say sorry for no apparent reason.. in public I'm treated with a healthy dose of both fear and respect. Yet online... People love to talk shit and take shots. It's hilarious to me because how many of those guys that are talking all that shit... Are the same ones that run to the door to hold it open when they see me coming and beg for my approval when they say "here ya go big guy" or are the same ones that won't make eye contact with me?
I've just found that the people that are so angry online... Are the ones who are fat and single. They never have profile pics, status always says single. I just wish I could tell them if they stopped spending so much time being negative and put that effort into bettering themselves... They wouldn't be so fat and lonely

But I also recognize I have a problem... I love getting dirty looks in public. About a year- year and a half ago I noticed I was constantly getting dirty looks when we went out. The bigger I got... The more it happens. So I figured if people were going to stare and hate.... Give them a show! So I started buying shirts I thought were funny (this is a very small portion of them 😁)
What I truly find funny is all the dirty looks I get... All the people out there who think I'm just an asshole Meathead... I'm actually really nice and care about people intently. So the irony really adds to my amusement... Never judge a book by it's cover... Even if the cover looks like a Ginny douchebag wearing way too much pink! 🤣😂🤣😂

Attachments

• received_6898221746913335.jpeg
    received_6898221746913335.jpeg
    265.7 KB · Views: 3